Monday, June 6, 2016

Epic Ride

Bell Center Road, Washougal, Washington





The seasons are changing.  Spring is turning into summer.  School is winding down and so are my son's therapy hours.  We are only driving to Portland, 3 hours a day, for 3 days a week now.  This gives me two days a week to take long drives with him to maintain some kind of consistency.  He calls them "Epic Rides."  This season of my life, too, is winding down.  The children are getting older and the need for more financial security means I will be returning to the 9 to 5 shortly.  Autism is expensive.  I've driven over 100,000 miles over the last 4 years to therapy.  Gone through 2 vehicles.  And this doesn't include the actual therapy itself.  It's a lot to bounce back from.  In the meantime, while I wait for the ability to take a job opportunity, I am enjoying every moment I can with my children.  Hug them a million times a day and tell them how much I love them.  Because I do.  The road of life is beautiful.   Today it was in Washougal, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment