Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fragile X study

http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/news/could-autism-be-reversed-pill-3789343

Interesting article.  It talks about Fragile X and some experimental drugs that may help this condition-described as traffic jams in the brain.

I've lived with Autism my whole life, my dad's family is riddled with it, my ex-husband had it, and both of my children have it.  This particular study was interesting to me because I can actually SEE when a neural "traffic jam" hits!  It's like they all get stuck on some idea they have.  Like a record player stuck on the same track…over and over…..and they can't let it go!  It's such a crazy, frustrating thing.  If this medication could control those neural "traffic jams" it would be wonderful and "meltdowns" wouldn't last so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment