Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Cause for Dogs

I had a Facebook friend send me a link to an Autistic "cause".  The motto went some thing like…. "this cause is to promote understanding, awareness, etc……. of Autism"   So I looked at it.  But the only "cause" I saw were promotions for therapy dogs.  The author, probably justifying the "real need" for her therapy dogs,  goes on and on about accepting Autistic kids for who and what they are and not trying to make them "normal."    It made me roll my eyes.  First off, 'way to promote your business under the guise of a cause lady,' second, who's normal, and third, Autistic children aren't normal…….that's what makes them Autistic.  Ugh….people.
Moving on….
I've been researching some possible grant opportunities for my wonderful people at Building Bridges.  I'm not finding much.  I can find organizations that will provide funding for schools back east, but nothing in the northwest.   It is getting discouraging.  What's even more discouraging is the fact that there are all these "link farms" when it comes to researching grants.  I have to go through so much to find legitimate websites, and legitimate websites that link appropriately.  It makes me mad.  I think, "Really?  You [the rat-dogs who own the link farm domains] have to link farm special needs stuff?"  Now THAT leaves me without words.  Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment