Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Climbing The Walls


Climbing Black Velvet around Red Rocks in Las Vegas, NV


The title describes our cabin fever.  My son is climbing everything!  Chairs, refrigerators, cabinets, shelves…..it's getting very dangerous.  I was introduced to climbing not too long ago and I'm thinking I'd better get him to a climbing gym.  I've looked up climbing gyms that offer programs for Autistic children in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area, but near as I can tell, they don't exist.  I'm going to contact ASD Climber Foundation to see if I can find something or maybe help start a chapter.  Maybe after a few phone calls I'll find one. There is a program in Salt Lake City.  (Ironic considering I moved from Ogden.)   Here is the link to Rock On!, should you live in Utah and care to participate.  I hope I can find my son something.  If nothing else, it would get the energy out of him and get us both a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment