Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Exploring

Lake Lacamas, Washington

It's been difficult to find things to do when it rains and rains and rains in Washington.  That is why I was SO GLAD to have a sunny day and the chance to go explore a small trail that follows the shoreline of Lake Lacamas near my home.  My Aspie loved the walk, commenting on the moss and ferns as we went, while my son (ASD) kept trying to run to the shore to throw rocks in.  Actually, it's a GREAT activity for your Autistic children, sitting by the water, letting them throw rock after rock in...but it should be done when it's WARM.  And we're not warm yet here.  Just be sure to be present around your child(ren) AT ALL TIMES!  Water is beautiful, but as I've seen so many times, it is deadly.  If you will be by a body of water with your Autistic toddler, or toddler or child in general, I'd recommend putting a life jacket on them while they play by the shore.  You can never be too safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment