Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Try



I wonder if some might read this blog thinking…."Why does she think she can say [anything] about Autism?"  I would say to them,  "I'm just a mom who has had family members with the disorder, an ex-spouse with the disorder, and 2 children with the disorder."  I want to share information and what I know or what I have found out.  Occasionally, I have information that can help someone.  And I like to help.  That's why I'm blogging.

Sometimes I try to be helpful on the Autism Networking sites.  I think that might get me in trouble.  Especially when people have such strong opinions about the disorder and how to treat it, how to talk about it, and how to do anything about it.  I post articles, videos, a study……make a few comments I think are non-bias and all the sudden everyone has claws out ready to go.  So, maybe I'll save those for my blog.  Hopefully I won't inadvertently offend anyone here.

I just emailed one of my son's old therapists in Utah to update her on his progress.  I wonder if therapists get annoyed with updates, or if they like to know how they have affected a little life.  They definitely have an effect on my life.  And I will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment